Thursday, June 10, 2010


Our packout was scheduled for Monday, but the mover just called, and they are coming TOMORROW for our UAB. There are two different comapnies moving us-one for our UAB and one for our HHE. It's not a huge deal the UAB is being packed early, because I have (mostly) sorted out the UAB already, but still...yikes! They called and wanted to reschedule the HHE packout by a few days, too, but that we just couldn't do. They were nice, and gave us a choice, though.

We were planning on renting our house to a particular tenant, but that arrangement appears to be falling through, and I'm not fond of our backup choices. We may have to hire a property management company, but I'm not fond of any of those around here, either.

I still have boxes in the basement and a few closets to sort out. We're having a new stove delivered tomorrow, as the one we have now needed replacement before we have tenants. We're having a giant yard sale all weekend.

I still have insurance issues to deal tires need to go on my car before we head to DC...the windshield just got a crack in it, and the oil needs changing...there is a graduation party we must attend this weekend (briefly), and we are having a going away party, too. We are clearly going to run out of time before things to do! One thing is sure--I can't wait to be in the car driving to DC.


  1. oh goodness, I am feeling your pain. good luck getting it all done. It WILL get done and you WILL get in the car and go to DC at some point!

  2. It’s Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up – and you’re on it!

    Here is the link:

    (If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)