Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Initiation Rite of Packout

I think we are being hazed. Our packout has long been schedule for Monday. On Thursday, they called to see if we could move it to Wednesday. I pushed back on that, because we are leaving on Wednesday. On Friday, they called and said they were coming first thing Sunday. Yesterday, they called and said that the truck broke down, and they would be here between 10 am and noon. This morning, they called and said they could be here by 4:30. I explained that they were welcome to come, but we are having a huge party tonight. They decided to come at 7am tomorrow, instead. Then, they called one more time, to see how tight our timeline is, because they are supposed to be somewhere else at 7am tomorrow. Current ETA: early afternoon tomorrow. Want to take bets on whether they actually show then?


  1. I'm betting this is their way to move it to Wednesday, which is what they wanted in the first place.